Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: soft sampler

  1. #1
    Inactive Member andyp's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2000
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hi everyone,
    can anyone tell me if there is a sampling program that works fine with the EWS64 XL? Or is it better to use a SB together with the EWS, as a sampler? If so, how? And what about sound quality? The EWS64 XL on-board memory is limiting and I'm trying to find a solution.
    Please help.
    Thank you.

    Andrea

  2. #2
    Inactive Member KKu's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 19th, 2000
    Posts
    112
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Lightbulb

    Virtual Sampler
    http://www.maz-sound.com/vsampler
    might be answer to your problem...

    And of course EWS works(??) with Ed!son. tongue
    Gigasampler/-studio doesn't work very well with EWS. I use EWS w. SB Live! and I'm happy with that...
    (anybody got cheap mixing console for sale?)

    .KKu

    ------------------
    ... mmm, coffeebreak!
    [email protected] http://kotisivu.raketti.net/kaaro
    Now w. ICQ, feel free to contact.

    [This message has been edited by KKu (edited August 31, 2000).]

    [This message has been edited by KKu (edited August 31, 2000).]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Menno's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 8th, 2000
    Posts
    28
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Exclamation

    Virtual Sampler seems very promissing, especially in the VST-mode. At last we can use a decent reverb (like Freeverb) on midisounds.
    But it does not work on my computer (clean + Codec disabled) and I dont know why. Cubase and VS "hangs" very quickly, and when I try to use the stand-alone version I hear crackles.- is the EWS Direct Driver emulated?
    Can anybody give some tips on how to configure VS (and maybe Cubase) right?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •